Stuff happens. Here’s some stuff that has been going on since my last post.
• The GOP contenders are now fighting in the home of the first state to secede from the Union. South Carolina has become THE state to win in the primary. What does that say about the state of affairs of the Republican Party?
• Joe the Plumber made his first primary appearance as a GOP hopeful for the House of Representatives. Forty people showed up at a retirement home in a small suburban village. Wow.
• Warren Buffet made a wager with the GOP to help pay down the debt, offering a 1:1 match or a 1:2 match for Mitch McConnell. Not surprisingly, no Republican took him up on it.
• A political pundit wondered why GOP Evangelicals never talk about Matthew 5:3, “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
• Joe Scarborough said, ” If President Obama says this in his State of the Union Speech, it’s game over: To Harry Reid and John Boehner: Vote up or down on the Bolles-Simpson proposal.”
• Israeli terrorists obviously blew up the auto of an Iranian nuclear scientist. They hope Iran will do something to retaliate so that the U.S. becomes involved in the mess. Will we be dumb enough to do that?